Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Raffaldini and Skipping Stones


I have lived in Charlotte (this time around) for about four or five years now, and I absolutely hate it. Every morning, no matter how good things are going, the fact that I live in this state gnaws at me.

Yesterday, my opinion was changed. One of my very best friends took me to Raffaldini Vinyards in Elkin, NC. Embarrassing as it is, I actually cried over how devastatingly beautiful it was. Instead of polluted city air, all I could smell was soil, grape leaves, and sweet air.



The drive up was gorgeous.







And...vinyards! Raffaldini Vinyards is near the Yadkin River and the Blue Ridge Mountains.



Isn't that the most beautiful building ever?





This is the veranda. After a wine tasting, we got a bottle of Sangiovese and hung out here.















So...all hatred for this state has disappeared.

After the vinyard, we went to Stone Mountain and I learned how to skip stones! I can now cross that off my bucket list. It was a great day.



I hope everyone has days like this during their summer! Stay tuned for shop updates very soon!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment