Pages

Saturday, May 26, 2012

Eli Parker

Everything from relaxing alone whilst engaging in a creative hobby to an evening with friends, I have your music fix right here. Yes, I am straying from clothing again! You will not regret it.

I met Eli Parker in a crazy little turn of events involving a jeep flying over a curb in front of a local bar/market here in Charlotte. The person I was meeting was standing there with Mr. Parker, and soon after they saw me in passenger seat, bouncing around as the jeep was maneuvered over the curb to find parking, I found myself in the backseat of his car, on my way with them to a house show. Later that night, I knew we would become friends when he was the only one who realized I was incredible pain after a random sty blossomed in my right eye. Not only is he talented, but also incredibly kind.

After engaging in the typical social drinking and mingling with each other, Eli Parker sat alone behind a microphone with his guitar and began playing.

Immediately I was reminded of Elliott Smith. With light vocals that seem to float around the air mixed with simple yet emotional acoustic melodies, there was a pensive and thought-provoking atmosphere and made me want to close my eyes and drift off into a different place where nothing matters but being able to listen. There is nothing better than expressing something so simply and yet still having a mysterious complexity. A lot of music these days miss that, focusing only on how much noise can equal a catchy song. I present to you here an artist that has it all figured out.

Parker’s album In Her Room is full of honest and clever lyrics and heartfelt sounds that circumference beauty and strength.  You can listen to it by clicking his album cover:



Currently he is working on another album that I absolutely cannot wait to hear.

I will leave you with this video, and don’t forget to visit his Facebook page.

[youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hRSO9lMxWQ&w=560&h=315]

 

If you are in Charlotte, make sure to go see him play sometime!

I hope everyone has a safe and awesome Memorial Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment